Friday, September 18, 2020

Pin It

Widgets

Stock Selection List Short Term Study (2 Weeks Timeframe) for 18-Sep-20


Since mid of August, I have started doing this as a study so the readers of this blog can learn along with me. I am also giving valuable list of stocks for quick profit. If anyone bought Kiriindus and Trent on the morning of 25th August as they showed up in 24th August list, they would have gotten a profit of 4-6% by evening.

I got inspired for this selection when I once noticed Indigo on daily chart and next day bought its CE at 9 and sold at 18 after few hours. Later traded TNPL, INFIBEAM, DIAMONDYD, JOCIL, BLISSGVS, ATULAUTO, during mid weeks of August and booked about 5% profit in a short time. Every stock may not rise the very next day. But I observed the potential for a rise in the next 10 days, on few stocks over a historical period of five years. Thus I decided to make such list everyday and trade familiar stocks or observe them for building trading watchlists to grow familiarity to trade later.

Today's short term selection list for short term study (2 weeks timeframe). Their performance will be reviewed after 2-Oct.

company symbol today's close price % rise today
AIAENG 1865.7 6
AIONJSW 19.4 4
APOLLO 127.3 10.9
ARROWGREEN 50 4.9
BAYERCROP 6352.2 6.8
BETA 101.7 16.5
BIRLAMONEY 43.4 8.9
CAREERP 170 7.2
CIPLA 806.3 7.3
DEVIT 111 0.9
DIVISLAB 3344.4 4.1
DYNPRO 229.3 7.6
EMKAY 58.5 7.1
GATI 50 6.6
GEOJITFSL 40.8 5.8
GLENMARK 508.9 3.3
GPPL 89.5 7.7
IVZINNIFTY 1238.8 0.3
KOTHARIPET 17.4 9.8
NATCOPHARM 890.8 15.2
ORIENTABRA 21.6 14.3
PGIL 150 4.8
PODDARMENT 211.3 12
RAJESHEXPO 509.4 10.8
RELIGARE 45.9 2.1
RPGLIFE 405.1 8.1
SUVEN 56.5 9.5
TOKYOPLAST 63.3 7.3
VIMTALABS 116.7 4.2
VSSL 78.1 5

Same table as a picture.


Commentary:

Today market didn't fall a lot. We have 30 stocks showing up in the list. Among them AIAENG showed up today. It got very high volume today and surprisingly went up. I got biased from last 3 days fall. I was thinking of selling it today but be after 3.15pm, it was going up. I held it.

I have divislab too as it is in my long term watch list and recently bought one more time on pullback. Rather CIPLA from Nifty had a great move today. It was up yesterday and I noted it. As buying CE is good on a pullback, I didn't consider further potential movement. An OTM CE yesterday and an ATM CE in the morning would have given great gain. That OTM might have turned ATM today. Divislab had a much higher move in the last few months than CIPLA and coming into NIFTY after this month expiry (from next Friday). CIPLA didn't move for a month, so it got its time. This rotation keeps happening among good sectors/stocks in this kind of market till majorly impacting news comes for either the market as a whole or for the specific company. M&M is also in good shape today after not moving for more than a month. I have traded options of CIPLA and M&M a month ago. So I noticed this.

For Nifty options trading, I need to expand my trading from a small list. Watching fifty nifty stocks is difficult. Reducing them to 15 also doesn't seem to help as I still missed these two and ZEEL. Maybe I can start another post, not daily but whenever opportunity comes, keeping track of few NIFTY stocks for option/future trading opportunities. I will start with 10 different stocks and post in a new series.

Similar to this stocks list, my short term stocks also showed gain today despite small falls in mid/small cap indices. RPGLIFE that I had mentioned earlier as a stock with investor interest was at good spot to buy few days ago. Same with Bayercrop too. But I didn't do because I already had enough stocks. However now I realized if some stock has already pulled back for more than 3 weeks and shows up at good entry spot, we can buy if those are the type having investor interest. RPGLIFE is not a strongly trending stock but it pulls back and goes to new high. So good for medium term trading again and again.

Given that the economy won't immediately sprung back to action now, our markets too could be range bound or swinging phase for next two years. Usually that happens after major downtrends. While economy won't recover fast and gives lot of pain for long term investors to see their share prices going up and down, not going anywhere far, for medium term traders it is not a problem. Only once the earnings rise strongly after few years, do markets also go up with strong momentum for one or two quarters. Like it happened in part of the year 2017 and 2007.

If you liked this post, please check any of the Reaction boxes below and subscribe to this blog or follow by adding email on the right side of the blog. If you want to post any questions or share thoughts, feel free to add comments below.

Read the disclaimer on the right side of this blog (in desktop mode) before making any investment/trading decisions.

No comments: