Friday, September 11, 2020

Pin It

Widgets

Stock Selection List Short Term Study (2 Weeks Timeframe) for 11-Sep-20


Since mid of August, I have started doing this as a study so the readers of this blog can learn along with me. I am also giving valuable list of stocks for quick profit. If anyone bought Kiriindus and Trent on the morning of 25th August as they showed up in 24th August list, they would have gotten a profit of 4-6% by evening.

I got inspired for this selection when I once noticed Indigo on daily chart and next day bought its CE at 9 and sold at 18 after few hours. Later traded TNPL, INFIBEAM, DIAMONDYD, JOCIL, BLISSGVS, ATULAUTO, during mid weeks of August and booked about 5% profit in a short time. Every stock may not rise the very next day. But I observed the potential for a rise in the next 10 days, on few stocks over a historical period of five years. Thus I decided to make such list everyday and trade familiar stocks or observe them for building trading watchlists to grow familiarity to trade later.

Today's short term selection list for short term study (2 weeks timeframe). Their performance will be reviewed after 25-Sep.
company symbol  today's close price  % rise today
COFORGE 2090.6 9.4
DATAMATICS 74.2 9.8
GOKEX 59.9 8.8
GOLDIAM 124.6 7.4
KAJARIACER 473.1 7.1
MADHAV 28.9 19.4
MASTEK 799.3 10
MMFL 298.1 14.7
NETF 138.2 17.7
NIITLTD 131.5 7.2
PPAP 231 8.5
SAKSOFT 286.7 12.1
STAR 684.6 12.6
VINYLINDIA 108.7 6.9

Same table as a picture.

Commentary:

If one remembers on August 27 I mentioned about COFORGE, after seeing Zeelearn in the list. Next day I wanted to buy COFORGE but I remembered that in the evening. By then it was up 4%, so avoided. Next day it fell. After few days of stabilization, I bought at about 1936 in my long term trading account. Today it came up in the list. I have this in my long term watch list. Similarly we have KAJARIACER, GOLDIAM which I used to see earlier too. Many others are not so. I had average experience with Gokex last year. It goes up and down and overall down only. But not too fast. I traded it around 95 levels last year without any profit. Now it showed at 60 level with 9% rise today after many months from Covid crash. It means it is still not in good shape. Good that I realized this last year and didn't keep it in my long term watch list. If we periodically observe stocks/trade them, we can easily get an intuitive feeling about their suitability to long term investments.

So this list gets predominantly short term stocks. That is why I am limiting timeframe to 2 weeks. But actually stocks that are not good in long term but missed a lot of move in the recent market might be showing up. The long terms ones are showing up because they have to as they keep rising every now and then.

Like I wrote yesterday a pullback based entry is best suited for most of these stocks. For some which are known long term stocks like the COFORGE that gained 9% today, one can buy anytime and hold it for more than 2 weeks. Stocks with investor interest (again which I explained yesterday), should be observed and noted for long term as they can gain concurrently by big % in a short period of time. My initial intention of getting short term lists is to catch such 20-50% moves in a short time. That seems to be difficult as we also end up with other truly short term stocks.

Maybe tracking some news as well as identifying long term stocks from the lists might help enhance the gains of these stocks. However for long term and news based stocks the 2 week time may not be enforce-able, to get high probable good gains.

Today COFORGE made may day rising 9.4%. It made 52 week high. I also have TNPL and SYNGENE in my short term portfolio taken from my short term lists in the past. SYNGENE got its good news yesterday and trying to go up but struggling. TNPL had gone ex-dividend, so fell more than the market fall. It didn't recover yesterday and today also it looked weak. By end of the day, it recovered to close in green. I added more of it. But I don't see it as long term due to big price swings in negative direction and also reading some fundamentals of it, there doesn't seem to long term potential. As stocks can make wild movements throughout the day and still close in green by evening, it is important to avoid making buy/sell decisions during the intraday.

Goldiam, kajariacera and vinylindia are medium term trading stocks. I noticed vinylindia few months ago after covoid crash seeing its non-stop rise daily. Then watched it as it consolidated. Later i bought at 86 and sold it intraday not seeing much volume. Then I realized if we trade at close of the day or beginning of the day, there will be volumes. As everyone makes important decisions at the close of the day, one needs to see the volumes at the close than in the middle of the day. After missing it went almost to 120 and pulled back to 100. Today it made into to the list.

So once we notice some stocks based on their movement and news, we can watch them. For ex, I noted TIPSINDLTD recently to put in my medium term watch list. It showed in 31 August list at 189. That day HERITGFOOD also showed up. But that didn't recover yet. TIPSINDLTD not only recovered but went up more in the last two weeks with two days break. I noted it just as it recovered quickly. Looks like noting stocks from these lists that recovered relatively faster than others from the same list, makes another good filter for medium term watch list.

If you liked this post, you can check any of the Reaction boxes below. If you want to post any questions or share thoughts, feel free to add comments below.

Read the disclaimer on the right side of this blog (in desktop mode) before making any investment/trading decisions.

No comments: